Who Can Apply: The Big Jon Platt scholarship program was created by music industry mogul and Montbello High School alumnus Big Jon Platt to promote educational excellence of high school students in the community of Montbello.
– Graduate from Denver Center for International Studies (DCIS) at Montbello or Noel Community Arts School in December 2019 or May 2020
– Have an unweighted cumulative GPA of at least 2.5
– Active in school and the larger Montbello community
– Have financial need
– Planning to attend an accredited community college, 4-year college or university in the United States for part-time or full-time study in the fall of 2020
- Describe what your school and larger Montbello community mean to you. How have you been involved in both communities? What impact have you made on either or both communities?
- Discuss your future plans in relation to your education. What do you plan to study? Why did you choose this field? How do you hope to use what you learn in college in the future?
- In a brief essay, please share with the committee any relevant financial considerations and the impact this scholarship will have on you pursuing your education. Also, include any other sources of financial support you anticipate receiving outside of your school’s financial aid package (i.e. outside scholarships, parent or other family members’ assistance). If there are any factors that may limit your ability to pay for your educational expenses, please include that information.
- Is there anything else that you feel is important for the Selection Committee to know about you? (Limit to 300 words.)
Deadline: March 15, 2021