Who Can Apply: The Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration Committee will award scholarships to students attending an accredited higher learning institution in financial need. Eligible students must show how they promoted the principles of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. through their participation in school, community, and/or faith-based events within the last year.
- U.S. citizen or legal resident (including DACA students).
- Arizona resident for tuition purposes.
- Explanation of activities/events in the required supplemental essay section.
- Graduating high school senior or undergraduate student currently attending an accredited community college or university.
- Minimum 2.5 GPA.
- Part- or full-time enrollment.
- Financial need as demonstrated by the FAFSA.
- Extra consideration will be given to applicants who have participated in Martin Luther King activities throughout the Valley and state.
Submission: Describe your participation in any school, community, or faith-based events/activities that promote the principles of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Please explain your involvement and how the event/activity exemplifies his principles.
Deadline: March 15, 2020