Who Can Apply: The Blackburn Family in cooperation with Women in Aviation is offering four $10,000 flight scholarships to Men and women whose primary residence is located in the Pacific Northwest. In addition to the four $10,000 flight scholarships, the Blackburn Family is encouraging attendance at the next Women in Aviation Conference in Long Beach, California March 14-16 by providing travel and lodging (up to $1000) for each recipient.
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen and a legal resident of Washington, Oregon, Montana or Idaho.
- Blackburn Family Northwest Flight Scholarships are open to men and women ages 18 to 34 who have flown solo within the twelve months preceding applying for this scholarship and are working toward achieving flight training for any category, class or rating.
- Applicants must provide a copy of their solo endorsement and/or medical certificate with the application.
- Funds will be paid directly to the flight school of your choice and must be used within 12 months of the award.
- two (one-page) recommendation letters
- typed, descriptive 500-word essay
- professional résumé
- copies of all aviation and medical certificates and the last three pages of your pilot logbook (if applying for flight scholarships). Other applicable information as requested for each specific award/grant/scholarship.
Deadline: November 12, 2018