Who Can Apply: The Bleeding and Clotting Disorders Institute (BCDI) will be sponsoring a limited number of scholarships to assist individuals in gaining and furthering their higher or technical education.
The scholarship award of $1,500 is good for a period of one academic year. The scholarship will be paid directly to the school of the recipient’s choice upon confirmation that the student has enrolled. The scholarship may be used to cover the cost of tuition, books and required fees pertinent to their course of study.
- Applicant must be diagnosed with a congenital or acquired chronic bleeding disorder or congenital clotting disorder.
- Applicant must reside in the BCDI service area of downstate Illinois, which for this purpose is defined as all Illinois counties with the exception of Cook, DuPage, Kane, Kendall, Lake, McHenry and Will.
- Applicant must have attended a scheduled visit with an HTC in the 24 months prior to the application deadline.
- Applicant must have maintained a GPA of 2.5 or above.
- Applicant must be enrolled or plan to enroll as a full time student at an accredited vocational/trade school, junior college, or four-year college/university.
- Completed application
- Official transcript
- Doctor diagnosis confirmation email (before applying, speak with your doctor to obtain their email address)
Deadline: April 4, 2019
Learn More: http://communityfoundationci.org/scholarships/