BLR Scholarship (Deadline: August 31, 2015)
Who Can Apply:
- Applicants must be a student of Film, Photography, Videography or similar studies. We prefer students with a destination degree in Production, Digital Arts, Fine Art, Film, Televesion or Videography, but others may be considered.
- Applicants must be age 18 no later than December 31st of 2015.
- Applicants must be High School seniors or current Undergraduates.
- Applicants must use their own work. A replication or reproduction of any kind forfeits the entry and prize.
- Applicants must agree to release their complete work for our use, including, but not limited to: marketing materials, social media, this website or other marketing avenues.
- Applies to United States residents only who are attending United States Universities.
- Video length must be between 60 and 180 seconds, and will not be accepted otherwise. We prefer 90 seconds.
- Video may be one cut or multiple, but must represent one continuous thought.
- Video elements may be black and white, color, or both.
- We are looking for the video which portrays the emotional characteristics of what it means for someone to have, or not have, life insurance. Emotions may represent happiness or comfort of having life insurance, or perhaps sadness and loneliness of not having it. More weight will be applied to this aspect than any other.
- Use of any life insurance companies will not be allowed. This means names, logos, or any implication of such.
- Any use of statistics will not be allowed.
- Captions may be used, if necessary.
- Video must be submitted to us in file form, and not already published on any other public platform.
- Any use of music, sound effects or other audio must be credited, although sound is not a requirement.
Videos do not necessarily have to be “G” rated, but we’re also not looking for horror films. Have fun, use your best judgement, and try something new. We want this to be well done, but we don’t want it to become a massive project either. Our aim is for you to learn your craft, apply it, and get creative.
Deadline: August 31, 2015
Learn More: BLR Scholarship