Who Can Apply: In 2000, Mr. Bubba Bussard and family established the Boone/Bussard Welding Technologies Scholarship to assist students who desire to enter the Welding program at Santa Fe College. If the Welding Program should not be offered at Santa Fe College, then the scholarship could be used for students entering the Building Construction Program.
When asked why a successful businessman, like himself, would make such a huge investment in the College’s Welding Program, Bubba’s response was direct and to the point. “The welding industry here in Florida provided me with tremendous opportunities. I want to make sure our local community college will continue to offer welder training. This scholarship is a win-win situation. The people need good opportunities and the industry needs good people. ”
- Student must have 2.0 GPA
- Full time (12 credit hours) enrollment
- Alachua or Bradford County High School Graduate
- Program of Study – Welding Program(Preference) or Building Construction Program
- Pursuing A.A. (Associate in Arts), A.S. (Associate in Science) Degree, or Certificate Program
Deadline: October 15, 2019