Who Can Apply: Boster is proud to provide an annual scholarship to students with an interest in pursuing or continuing a 4-year academic program related to Biology Technology. The Bosterbio Scholarships for Young Scientists Of Excellence will provide $1,000 scholarships to graduating high school or college students to aid their scientific research in college.
- 1. Applicants must provide proof that they have been accepted into a research position in biology or medical-related lab on a full-time or substantial part-time basis (minimum 9 credit hours worth of research work for the next two semesters).
- 2. Must obtain and submit a letter of recommendation – either from a teacher/ tutor/ or lecturer who knows the student well or from an employer in a relevant healthcare services niche (must be signed and on letterhead to be accepted).
- 3. Must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.40 on a 4.0 scale.
Submission: Certain additional materials are required for your application to be considered.
- 1. A response (at least 500 words) to this essay question: Explain your reason(s) for applying for a scholarship and why you feel you should receive one, and the type of career in the healthcare or biomedical related industry you plan to pursue and your future goals.
- 2. You may upload the following items when completing your online application:
- 3. A copy of your current college or high school transcript. If you are a graduating senior, your transcript must include grades for your senior year. Unofficial copies are acceptable; report cards are not.
- 4. You must also include a letter of acceptance from the healthcare or biomedical related post-secondary program you will attend.
- 5. Optionally, you can submit an abstract of your research. Those with meritorious research subjects and are currently engaging in research will be considered first.
Deadline: May 31, 2020
Learn More: https://www.bosterbio.com/scholarships