Who Can Apply: Bridges College Scholarships are awarded to graduating seniors and past graduates of Bishop Lynch High School in Dallas, Texas. Multiple awardees are selected each year, with individual one-year awards in the maximum amount of $10,000.
Eligibility & Selection Criteria:
Any graduating senior or past graduate of Bishop Lynch High School in Dallas, Texas is eligible to apply. Selection is based upon financial need, letters of recommendation, aspirations and ideals as expressed in the required essays, school and extracurricular activities, and demonstrated leadership potential. Preference is given to previous recipients of the Bridges High School Scholarship and students planning to attend or currently attending a public college or university in the state of Texas.
- Please provide responses of at least 500 words to two of the following questions (please type “N/A” for the two questions you do not choose to answer):
- Describe the goals you hope to achieve by pursuing and obtaining a college degree. What do you plan to study in college? What career(s) are you considering?
- Describe the most challenging and/or satisfying extracurricular or volunteer activity in which you have participated as a high school or college student. What did you gain from your involvement?
- What person or which individual experience has had the greatest impact on your life and why?
- What three adjectives would you choose to describe yourself and why?
Deadline: May 1, 2018