Building the Future Scholarship (Deadline: June 30, 2019)
Who Can Apply:
- Must be a low income student or student from an underrepresented minority group—LGBT, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino, American Indian, or Filipino/Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander
- Must be pursuing a career as a preschool-5th grade teacher (any discipline).
- Must be enrolled at an accredited 2-year, 4-year, or technical/vocational college or university in the United States.
- Open to college undergraduates
- Must be pursuing an Education-related degree such as:
- Child Development, Early/Elementary/Middle Childhood Education, Special Education, Bachelor’s in Education. (Students who are minoring in Education are also eligible to apply.)
- Must be a United States citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Open to students from all states.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- If selected, you must provide an official transcript for GPA and enrollment verification.
Submission: Essay (500-1,000 words)
“How have difficult circumstances or unique challenges shaped you? What role has this played in your inspiration to become a teacher? Where do you see your teaching career in 10 years, and what would winning this scholarship mean for your future career?”
Deadline: June 30, 2019
Learn More: https://www.education.com/scholarships/#building