Who Can Apply: The California Capital Airshow Scholarship was established to invest in future leaders by awarding scholarships to graduating high school seniors planning to pursue a degree in one of the following areas: Aviation, Aeronautics, Airport Management, Aerospace, Science, Technology, Engineering or Math.
- Be a high school senior in Sacramento, El Dorado, Yolo, Placer, Yuba or Sutter counties planning to attend a two (2) or four (4) year college or university in the fall
- Be pursuing a college degree in the following areas of study: Aviation, Aeronautics, Airport Management, Aerospace, Science, Technology, Engineering or Math
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5
- Demonstrate financial need
- Be enrolled full time in at least 12 academic units or equivalent per quarter/semester in the fall
- Essay: Aviation, aeronautics, aerospace, science, technology, engineering or math: which one of these areas of study most excites you and why? If you could do anything with a college degree in this area what would that look like?
- Letter of Reference: Provide two (2) letters of reference from individuals who are not related to you. No more than one (1) reference may be from a teacher from your high school. Reference letters must identify the name, title (or relationship to the applicant – i.e. clergy, neighbor, teacher, family friend) and a telephone number for the individual providing the letter of reference
- Second Letter of Reference
Deadline: March 6, 2020