Who Can Apply:
- Graduating public or private high school seniors who are residents of the 18 westernmost counties and who will attend an accredited U.S. community college or 4-year college or university on a full-time basis in the fall following the award.
- The Community Foundation scholarships will be awarded without regard to age, race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation, religious belief, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Submission: In addition to the Personal Statement asked for on the application, an essay is REQUIRED for this scholarship.
(1) Please tell us the name of the active-duty decorated Viet Nam Era Veteran and your relationship;
(2) what that person’s military service means to you;
(3) talk with a veteran of any war and ask him or her to briefly discuss the war experience; and
(4) describe what knowledge or understanding you gained from that conversation.
Your essay should be saved in a Word file, double-spaced, and no more than three pages long, uploaded to the essay question in the online application.
Deadline: January 22, 2021