Who Can Apply: You have been accepted to a college or you are enrolled as a current undergraduate student. The scholarship funds shall be deposited directly to a college institution (community college, university, college) as directed by the winning applicant. Graduating high school students who are college bound are encouraged to apply.
Submission: Please write an essay of no more than 1,000 words about your ideas on how wireless innovations may evolve ten years in the future to change the way we live, play, communicate, socialize, or advance our thinking. The wireless topic is intended to promote innovative and creative thinking on a broad range of topics involving wireless communications. Applicants choose which areas to write about. Below are sample topics about which applicants may want to share his/her thinking in the essay:
- Wireless communications—a right or a privilege?
- Standardized compensation to cell tower property owners
- Wireless device revolution or evolution ten years from now
- Wireless apps that are not available today
- Competition in wireless communications—do we need more or fewer national wireless carriers?
- Connected vehicles and the implications
- Social advances and the price of a connected society
- Political implications of a connected society
- Human factor engineering affecting the shape, size, and use of future devices
- Connected human beings without external devices
Deadline: May 1, 2019
Learn More: https://cellwaves.net/scholarship/