Center for Cyber Safety and Education Undergraduate Scholarship (Deadline: April 20, 2017)
Who Can Apply:
- Must be pursuing, or plan to pursue, a degree with a focus on cybersecurity or information assurance.
- You may be a senior in high school, an undergraduate student who is currently a junior, freshman or sophomore. If you are in your senior year, please apply for the (ISC)² Graduate Scholarship if appropriate. (add hyperlink to Graduate page)
- GPA must be at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or an analogous rank based on a comparable scale).
- You may be a citizen of any country (US citizenship not required)
- May be attending on campus or online.
- May be attending full time or part time
- May be attending in the US or Internationally
- You do not currently need to be enrolled, however no awards will be disbursed until the recipient is enrolled in a college or university.
- If awarded: the award will be sent to the school with instructions that it be applied to tuition, fees and books.
- Unofficial transcripts from your current (or most recent) educational institution. If awarded; no funds will be disbursed until official transcripts have been received.
- One Letter of Recommendation outlining the following:
- How long have you known the applicant and in what capacity?
- What skills or abilities does the applicant have that will support him/her in completing a degree?
- What other information about the applicant should be taken into consideration?
- NOTE: Academic references are preferred; however, you may submit a professional letter of reference addressing the points above.
- Statement of Purpose outlining (no more than three pages and should be double spaced):
- Describe what makes you stand out from other applicants, and why you should be chosen to receive this Center for Cyber Safety and Education Scholarship.
- Describe why you need the scholarship.
- Describe your personal and education backgrounds.
- Describe why you chose your major and what makes you a candidate for success in information security.
- Describe your goals for your academic career and in your professional career.
- Describe hobbies or extracurricular activities and what they mean to you
Deadline: April 20, 2017