Who Can Apply:
- Must be currently registered at an accredited high school, college, or university in the Greater Pittsburgh area* including Western Pennsylvania, Eastern Ohio and Northern West Virginia.
- Currently going into or in final year of high school or enrolled as an undergraduate student.
- Must be under the age of 25 as of June 30, 2020.
- Scholarship money must be used towards student housing, books, or tuition.
Submission: Write an original 500-750-word essay about one of the following topics:
- Personal Experience. Have you had a personal experience with distracted driving? If so, how has it impacted your life?
- Take charge. Create a realistic distracted driving awareness campaign to effectively reduce the number of distracted driving related auto accidents in the U.S. Please include: ways to better educate the public about the dangers of distracted driving; steps that can be taken to prevent new, young drivers from distracted driving; and actionable steps that can be taken to put an end to distracted driving.
- How do you think technology and recent technology advancements have impacted the rise of distracted driving in the United States? Also, how big of a role do you believe that technology can have in putting an end to distracted driving?
Deadline: June 30, 2020
Learn More: http://www.ohiovalleypilawyers.com/contest/