Charmaine Letourneau Scholarship (Deadline: August 31, 2018)
Who Can Apply: In order to meet the criteria for an award, applicants must :
- Be Deaf or Hard of Hearing (the extent of hearing loss must be significant).
- Be permanent residents or citizens of Canada.
- Be residents of Alberta.
- Be pursuing an academic or training program at a qualified post-secondary or vocational school in Alberta. Alternatively the educational institution could be outside Alberta if it specializes in programming for Deaf or Hard of Hearing students (more detail below).
- Demonstrated knowledge (whether basic or fluent) of sign language.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- a personal letter outlining how you meet the criteria of the Charmaine Letourneau Scholarship and describing how a scholarship would make a difference to your pursuit of post-secondary education.
- two reference letters (see application for details)
- audiogram or other medical documentation of hearing loss
- transcripts or statement of marks for most recent studies.
Deadline: August 31, 2018