Who Can Apply:
- Enrolled full-time in an engineering program working toward a bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- Hold US citizenship.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Must have completed the equivalent of two years of full-time college study by the time the scholarship is funded.
- Submit typed (double-spaced) essay answering one of the posed questions.
Submission: Prepare an essay of 1,000 to 1,500 words (typed, double-spaced) about one of the following topics:
- As technology advances, new sub-disciplines of engineering emerge. What do you see as the next new major type of engineering?
- How could engineering education be improved to produce the best engineers possible?
- The FAA is limiting use of UAVs (drones) in US airspace. What are the ramifications of limiting this technology?
- Besides personal photos and videos, what could a UAV be used for in domestic airspace?
Essays must be typed and included with the completed application.
Deadline: July 31, 2015