Who Can Apply: This scholarship is open to veterans enrolled in an accredited U.S. law school or who are accepted to an accredited U.S. law school. Applicants must be pursuing a juris doctorate (JD) degree.
- Completed application. Complete the form on this page.
- Proof of veteran status. If submitting a document that contains sensitive information like a Social Security number, please submit a redacted version. The following serve as proof of veteran status:
- VA disability benefits summary letter
- Military discharge certificate
- Current transcript
- If currently enrolled in law school, submit law school transcript demonstrating a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- If not currently enrolled in law school, submit undergraduate transcript demonstrating a GPA of 3.0 or higher AND a copy of law school acceptance letter proving intent to enroll.
- 1000 word essay. Please answer one of these essay prompts:
- How did your experience in the military inspire you in your education and career aspirations?
- How did your military experience prepare you for law school and a career practicing law?
Deadline: June 15, 2020