The Chris Purcell Scholarship (Deadline: September 1, 2016)
Who Can Apply: If you are interested in this $500 award, please meet these criteria:
- You must be a US citizen or a US permanent resident.
- You are from 17 to 50 years of age.
- You should have a strong GPA and good academic record.
- You are or will be a college student earning a bachelor’s or master’s degree.
- You have a Facebook and email account
Submission: All applicants for the Chris Purcell scholarship need to complete a 1,000 to 3,000 word essay on one of these topics.
- What hobby or extracurricular activity has prepared you for a successful college career?
- What is the riskiest thing you have ever done?
- If you ever have spent substantial time in another country overseas, what did it teach you?
- What was the most important political or social movement in history?
- What are two questions that give you the most motivation?
Deadline: September 1, 2016