Who Can Apply: This scholarship fund was created in memory of Chris Ross who attended Spotsylvania High School. Chris was a superior athlete, Captain of his high school golf and baseball teams, and the recipient of many awards. He was very competitive, and worked diligently to achieve his level of athletic performance. He also loved to share his knowledge with younger or inexperienced players, and he hoped to become a coach one day. In 1997, Chris died when he fell asleep at the wheel of his car.
Chris’ family wishes to memorialize him through a scholarship that will be given annually to seniors graduating from any Spotsylvania County high school. Two scholarships will be awarded to seniors.
Applicants to the Chris Ross Memorial Scholarship must:
- Be a graduating senior at Spotsylvania High School.
- Demonstrate plans to attend college (2-Year, 4-Year or trade school).
- An essay of no more than 900 words that explores:
- what sports you have been involved in during high school,
- what the experience has taught you about commitment and dedication,
- team work, and sportsman-like conduct on and off the field,
- how have you learned to overcome challenges,
- the best sports experience you have had and why,
- what you plan to do with your love of sports in the future
Deadline: March 1, 2020