Who Can Apply: This scholarship was established in memory of Christine and Will Dickinson, beloved parents and grandparents. Mr. and Mrs. Dickinson set an example of giving back to the community through their service to local and state civic organizations. This scholarship acknowledges their love of family and friends and their committed service to the community.
Applicants to the Christine and Will Dickinson Memorial Scholarship Fund must:
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 at Chancellor High School in Spotsylvania County.
- Demonstrate strong Community Service. (Reviewers will place the highest value on this criterion).
- Demonstrate plans to attend an accredited community college or a four-year accredited college or university.
- A copy of the Student Aid Report (SAR) Summary page as documentation of financial need.
- Two letters of reference addressing the student’s academic promise and character from different sources such as teacher, volunteer coordinator, adult supervisor, employer, etc.
- A typed double-spaced essay that includes the following:
- Reasons for applying for this scholarship, long term goals, and plans for achieving them
- Extracurricular activities and community service, particularly scouting (church, volunteer experience, etc.)
Deadline: March 1, 2020