Who Can Apply: The Christopher M. C. Ulanmo Memorial Scholarship honors Chris’ life by making a scholarship available to high school seniors from John Jay High school who plan to enter college. Chris was a kind, happy, fun loving, giving and intelligent person who had a positive influence on everyone he knew. He was generous, loved family and community and had many friends. Chris was a teenager with a promising future and the ability to become anything. He aspired to become a doctor because he believed in service to others. The scholarship has been established to help others who exemplify generosity, intelligence, goodwill, and a love for life.
– Graduating from John Jay High School
– Be entering a four year college or university full time
– Have demonstrated very good academic achievement and have a strong record of community service
– Essay discussing your career goals, personal values, and community service (typed, limit to one page or 500 words).
– Most recent high school transcript.
– Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, which you will receive when you complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
– Two current letters of recommendation from teachers/guidance counselor, clergy or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities. These letters must have been written within the last six months.
Deadline: May 1, 2021