Clarence L. Remynse Scholarship (Deadline: December 1, 2015)
Who Can Apply: You are eligible to apply for the Clarence L. Remynse Scholarship if you are a graduating high school senior who has been a permanent resident of Kalamazoo County for a minimum of 12 months prior to application or a graduating high school senior who has been enrolled in a high school within Kalamazoo County for a minimum of 12 months prior to application.
Must demonstrate financial need according to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA); Plan to enroll full time in a regionally accredited college or university in a course of study that leads to a bachelor’s degree in business, science (including mathematics and engineering), law, education, psychology or medicine. Must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident Alien (green card holder). Must demonstrate good citizenship qualities, high moral character and potential for leadership and academic success.
Selection of the scholarship semifinalists is based on: 60 percent for activities, work experience, essay and personal recommendations; 40 percent for academic achievement. While there is no minimum GPA required for scholarship consideration most recipients have had a GPA of at least 3.0. In addition only semifinalists who demonstrate financial need according to the FAFSA and meet all other eligibility criteria will ultimately be considered.
- eGRANTscholarship application. Resumes and/or additional pages will not be accepted.
- You will have an opportunity to “Request Transcript” within the eGrant scholarship application.
- You will have an opportunity to “Request Reference” letters within the eGrant scholarship application.
- Essay typed into the text box in the eGRANT application addressing the following questions:1) What influenced you to choose an area of study in business, science, education, psychology, law or medicine? and 2) What has been your most meaningful volunteer or work experience and how has it helped to develop your leadership skills?
- Optional additional information: If you have overcome significant challenges and/or obstacles that you feel affected your ability to participate in activities and/or employment, include this information where indicated in the eGRANT application.
Deadline: December 1, 2015
Amount: $250 to $7,500
Learn More: Clarence L. Remynse Scholarship