Clarence W. Seavers Citizenship Scholarship (Deadline: March 15, 2015)
Who Can Apply: For graduates of any Erie County high school pursuing a degree in political science or computer technology. Eligibility criteria: Preference shall be given to students with a minimum 3.0 GPA, and demonstrated qualities of leadership, spirituality, and commitment to community service. Financial need is not a consideration for this scholarship. Recipients must enroll full-time in an accredited university or community college. Award may be renewed for a second, third or fourth year at the discretion of the Scholarship Advisory Committee.
1. Students must submit a copy of their current academic transcript with the application form.
2. Submit a completed application to the appropriate office (high school guidance, college financial aid office, or Community Foundation).
3. DEADLINE FOR ALL SCHOLARSHIPS IS MARCH 15, unless otherwise noted. For scholarships indicating financial need is a criterion, please submit a copy of your FAFSA report.
4. Incomplete applications or those received after the deadline will not be considered. Please do not include any supplemental documentation other than what is specifically requested.
5. Applications are reviewed by a scholarship committee. Students may be asked to submit an essay, letters of support, or to attend an interview with the committee as a part of the selection process. Please note, some scholarships have their own application forms, different deadlines and may require additional documentation.
6. Students selected to receive a scholarship will be notified in writing of their award and the amount of the award. Scholarship payments will be made directly to the college or university on behalf of the student.
Deadline: March 15, 2015
Learn More: Clarence W. Seavers Citizenship Scholarship