Clifton-Whitehead Scholarship (Deadline: March 15, 2018)
Who Can Apply:
- Applicants must be graduates of an accredited high school in Bibb, Houston, Crawford, Twiggs, Jones, Peach, or Monroe Counties. A preference will be given to students in Bibb County.
- Award winners must be enrolled as full time students and maintain a minimum 2.0 average.
- Award winners must be completing their undergraduate degrees. The scholarship is not for those receiving a master’s degree or a PhD.
- Each award winner is required to submit a grade report for the period for which the scholarship is awarded. The report will be considered if the recipient applies for the scholarship again in the future.
- If an award winner receives a “D” in any class, the student will be placed on probation for one semester. A second “D” in the same grading period, or an “F” at any time, terminates the scholarship.
- A short essay listing all honors and awards you have received in high school and college, a description of your career goals, and any special personal or family circumstances affecting your need for financial assistance.
- Provide the name and email address of one reference who has agreed to submit a letter of recommendation for you. This should come from your academic dean, advisor, counselor or teacher. This person will receive an email from our system allowing them to submit your recommendation. Please ask them before submitting their email address and let them know when you have submitted your application because that is when they will receive the email.
- A resume listing your school and community activities, athletics, awards, offices held, and other relevant experience.
- Your most recent high school or college transcript – you must request this from your current school.
Deadline: March 15, 2018