Cooley Scholarship (Deadline: October 15, 2016)
Who Can Apply: The award is open to a master’s level student who is currently enrolled in a health education program at an accredited college/university in the United States or a U.S. territory. To be eligible, the applicant must have a minimum current overall grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Prior SHAPE America scholarship recipients are not eligible.
- A current curriculum vitae. Use the following categories, presenting the material in reverse chronological order where applicable.
- – Personal information
- – Current program and institution
- – Degrees earned, names of institutions, and years of graduation
- – Employment experience and dates of employment
- – Professional presentations: title, date, and location of presentations
- – Professional publications
- – Professional memberships
- – Awards
- – Professional committee involvement
- – Voluntary community service activities
- – Any other extra-curricular or professional activities
- An official transcript from the institution granting the most recent degree and any coursework that fulfills requirements for the current degree program.
- A narrative three-part statement that includes your philosophy of health education, your professional goals, and your assessment of current and future issues in health education. The maximum length for this narrative is three double-spaced pages. Include sub-titles for each of the three areas (Philosophy, Professional Goals, Issues).
- Three letters of recommendation from professional individuals in the academic major, which address academic status, leadership potential, and career commitment. Two of the letters must be from the applicant’s advisor and a major professor.
Deadline: October 15, 2016