Who Can Apply: Established in 2013, the Covia Aspire Scholarship of the Cleveland Foundation provides support to eligible employee dependents who desire to seek post-secondary education or training for a recognized credential. As such, the award encourages the career “aspirations” of promising young people in the Covia family.
Employees of Covia are those persons who have been employed by Covia continuously for a period of at least one year. Eligible dependents of Covia are those who are natural, adopted, court appointed children, grandchildren, and/or stepchildren of any Covia Employee.
- Be a dependent of an eligible employee of Covia
- Be pursuing post-secondary education and:
- Accepted at or enrolled in a college, university or school in the United States of America
- Be under the age of 26 years
- Have, at a minimum, a 2.75 grade point average on a 4.0 grade scale or the equivalent GED score of 2.89
- Be able to demonstrate financial need
- The Corporate/Group online application
- A high school or current college transcript
- An essay (personal statement, maximum two double-spaced pages that will help selection committees learn about your personal history, perspectives, academic and career goals and interests)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Letter of acceptance from the higher education institution you plan to attend
- Student Aid Report (SAR) resulting from filing a FAFSA
Deadline: April 15, 2020