Who Can Apply:
- Demonstrated community involvement over a period of several years
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrated financial hardship
- Graduating high school senior or graduate of a public or private high school in San Mateo County or Santa Clara County
- Planning to enroll or enrolled in a four-year college or university as a full-time student
- United States citizen
Submission: Your personal statement must be 500-800 words, double-spaced (approximately 2-3 pages), and must address the following prompts:
- Describe your short- and long-term goals and how furthering your education will assist you in reaching those goals.
- Comment on the personal characteristics, educational and extracurricular activities that have helped prepare you for college OR your intended career if you are a current college student.
- Reflect on your personal journey (significant accomplishments, challenges and/or hardships) and any life lessons that you think will or have help(ed) you succeed in college.
- Describe why you believe you are a good candidate for the specific scholarship(s) for which you are applying.
Deadline: February 21, 2018