Who Can Apply: Scholarships awarded to students in the Dallas-Fort Worth area enrolled in paralegal programs at the following institutions:
• Collin College
• El Centro College
• ITT Technical Institute
• Kaplan College
• Tarrant County College –Northeast Campus
• Texas A&M – Commerce
• Texas Wesleyan University
• Texas Woman’s University
Applicants need not be members of DAPA,. but must have a minimum 3.0 GPA and demonstrate financial need. Applicants must complete one of three essay response options.
Submission: Please select ONE of the following topics and compose an essay of 500-1000 words: Essay options:
1) Discuss the role of ethics and how it relates to both a paralegal and an attorney in day-to-day operations;
2) What are important criteria and character traits for a practicing paralegal and why?
3) Do you think it is important to have a mentor and/or be a mentor to someone and why?
Deadline: July 1, 2015