Who Can Apply:
- This scholarship is offered to any student currently enrolled in an accredited community college, undergraduate, or graduate program in the United States. This includes incoming first-year college students who are high school graduates or possess a GED.
- The scholarship candidate must possess an interest in public service, as demonstrated by past and present volunteer, professional, and educational experiences.
- All eligible candidates must be in good academic standing, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- An updated résumé and completed cover sheet.
- A 750-word essay discussing the following: Discuss the importance of public servants and public service in our society. Why are public servants, and especially public defenders, important in our legal system? A current unofficial transcript from the applicant’s school (NOTE: First-year college students must submit an unofficial transcript from their most recent school, as well as an unofficial transcript from their current post-secondary institution.)
Deadline: March 31, 2017