Who Can Apply: Established by family and friends in memory of David Jagaciewski who passed away on November 29, 2006. David was a teacher of technology education at Poughkeepsie High School for 33 years. This scholarship is established to assist students in receiving a post-secondary education. The scholarship shall be applied to tuition costs at an accredited college or university in the United States.
– Be a graduating senior from Poughkeepsie High School
– Have a C+ average or better
– Have an interest pursue a course of study and plan to have a career in the arts, architecture or engineering, interior or fashion design, family or consumer science or landscape architecture
– Essay discussing your career goals, personal values, and community service (typed, limit to one page or 500 words).
– Most recent high school transcript.
– Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, which you will receive when you complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
– Two current letters of recommendation from teachers/guidance counselor, clergy or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities. These letters must have been written within the last six months.
Deadline: May 1, 2021