David Porter Diversity Scholarship (Deadline: October 24, 2015)
Who Can Apply:
- Open to students who have been traditionally under-represented on study abroad programs. This group includes, but is not limited to, students identifying by a certain race, sex, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, ethnic origin or veteran status.
- Recipients must be accepted to and enroll in an IES Abroad program.
- Minimum 3.3 GPA (out of 4.0) required.
- Recipients must attend a college or university that is a Member or Associate Member of the IES Abroad Consortium. In addition, your home school must have a policy of transferring at least 75% of institutional aid for study abroad.
- Scholarship recipients are encouraged to participate in an internship while abroad.
- The scholarship recipient will be required to present a brief written bio statement. Guidelines will be provided with notice of award.
- Return Requirement: If awarded one of these scholarships, at the conclusion of the IES Abroad program you agree to submit a 1-page statement about your experience abroad, including how it has affected you personally, professionally, and academically and how this scholarship supported your endeavors. Once submitted, this statement becomes property of IES Abroad and excerpts may be used in any/all IES Abroad electronic and printed publications. Additional details and instructions will be emailed to you after your program ends.
- Standard programs only. Customized programs are not eligible for IES Abroad financial aid.
- Apply to the IES Abroad Fall, Spring, Academic Year or Calendar Year Program (if you have not done so already)
- Submit an IES Abroad Scholarship Application. You will be required to upload the following materials for this application:
- Transcript – one (1) additional college transcript (in addition to the one submitted with the IES Abroad Application). Clear and legible photocopies are accepted via upload or mail.
- Faculty Letter of Recommendation from a professor who has commented on your academic performance.
- Diversity Personal Statement – Read the guidelines on writing this required essay.
- Academic Essay – Read the guidelines on writing this required essay.
Deadline: October 24, 2015
Learn More: David Porter Diversity Scholarship