David Porter Need-Based Diversity Scholarship (Deadline: November 1, 2018)
Who Can Apply: Named in honor of David Porter, who has served on the IES Abroad Board of Directors since 1995, this scholarship is open to students of diverse cultural backgrounds who have been traditionally under-represented on study abroad programs.
- Open to students who have been traditionally under-represented on study abroad programs. This group includes, but is not limited to, students identifying by a certain race, sex, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, ethnic origin or veteran status.
- Recipients must attend a college or university that is a Member or Associate Member of the IES Abroad Consortium. In addition, your home school must have a policy of transferring at least 75% of institutional aid for study abroad.
- The scholarship recipient will be required to present a brief written bio statement. Guidelines will be provided with notice of award.
- Return Requirement: If awarded one of these scholarships, at the conclusion of the IES Abroad program you agree to submit a 1-page statement about your experience abroad, including how it has affected you personally, professionally, and academically and how this scholarship supported your endeavors. Once submitted, this statement becomes property of IES Abroad and excerpts may be used in any/all IES Abroad electronic and printed publications. Additional details and instructions will be emailed to you after your program ends.
- Standard programs only. Customized programs are not eligible for IES Abroad financial aid.
Deadline: November 1, 2018