Who Can Apply: This $3,500 scholarship is designed to recognize graduate nursing students who aspire to leadership positions in academic nursing. In addition to $2,000 to cover educational expenses, funded students will participate in a one-on-one leadership development experience with Dr. Trautman at AACN’s headquarters in Washington, DC. Up to $1,500 of the scholarship award will be used to cover travel expenses for the three-day leadership development program. Two scholarships will be awarded annually.
• Students in master’s and doctoral nursing programs at AACN member schools affiliated with NursingCAS.
• Students who demonstrate a commitment to academic nursing.
• Students currently enrolled and in good academic standing.
1. A concise essay (no more than 500 words) outlining career achievements, desire to aspire to a future leadership position in academia, and your vision for academic nursing.
2. A CV or resume that includes key milestones related to your leadership and career development (i.e. conference attendance, poster presentations, publications, etc.).
3. Goals (3-4 bullets) for what you hope to achieve during the leadership development experience with Dr. Trautman.
4. Two letters of recommendation, including one from the nursing school dean or director.
5. A signed commitment statement agreeing to complete the 3-day leadership development component of this program. Failure to complete this requirement will forfeit your scholarship funding
Deadline: October 30, 2020