Delta Air Lines Aircraft Maintenance Technology Scholarship (Deadline: November 12, 2018)
Who Can Apply: Delta Air Lines will award a $5,000 scholarship to a student currently enrolled in an aviation maintenance technician program (A&P) or a degree in aviation maintenance technology. In addition to the $5,000 scholarship, the recipient will receive a trip to the 30th Annual International Women in Aviation Conference (includes round-trip airfare, hotel accommodations and conference fee).
- Applicants must be a full-time student, with a minimum of two semesters left (as of February 2019), with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale).
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens.
Submission: IN ADDITION to all WAI requirements, please include a detailed essay (500 -1000 words), double-spaced, type written which addresses the following topics:
1. Who or what inspired you to pursue a career in aviation maintenance technology?
2. What is or has been your greatest life challenge, and how has it enriched your and/or someone else’s life?
3. If someone else was to describe your greatest strength, what would it be and why, and what do you consider to be your strongest characteristic and why?
4. What has been your most memorable academic experience and how did you handle this situation?
5. Why are you the most qualified candidate for the Delta Air Lines Aircraft Maintenance Technology Scholarship?
Deadline: November 12, 2018