Who Can Apply: Established by the family and friends of Dennis Markle the scholarship is available to a graduating student of PoughkeepsieHigh School or Millbrook High School planning to major in Education (students planning to major in History will be considered if there is not an appropriate candidate who intends to major in Education). The scholarship shall be applied to tuition costs at an accredited college or university in the United States.
– Planning to major in Education (History majors may be considered)
– Graduating from Poughkeepsie High School or Millbrook High School
– Intended for B students
– Involved in extra-curricular activities and/or community service
– Demonstrate financial need
– Essay discussing your career goals, personal values, and community service (typed, limit to one page or 500 words).
– Most recent high school transcript.
– Resume and/or list of extracurricular activities.
– Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, which you will receive when you complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
– Two current letters of recommendation from teachers/guidance counselor, clergy or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities. These letters must have been written within the last six months.
Deadline: May 1, 2021