Who Can Apply: This scholarship is sponsored by a Vertol Systems Company to fund one student’s pilot training towards a private pilot’s license at Destin Flight Works located in Destin, Florida. The scholarship will be up to $10,000 and will be applied towards instructor training and aircraft rental. Any expenses beyond that amount or other expenses incurred as a result of the training (such as transportation and lodging) will be covered by the student.
The scholarship is open to current AFA members. No previous flight experience is necessary.
- Applicant must submit a complete application online.
- Applicant must include an essay of not more than 600 words describing how this scholarship and a private pilot’s license will assist in achieving their career or educational goals.
- If applicant is a current or recent student, a transcript showing their current GPA and area of study is required.
- Per FAA requirements, the student must be 16 years old to fly solo and 17 years old to obtain a private pilot certificate.
- This scholarship is applicable only with Destin Flight Works. The recipient must be available to begin using the scholarship in Destin, Florida in 2021.
- Applicant must be a current AFA member.
Deadline: April 30, 2021