Who Can Apply:
1. Citizenship—The candidate must be a United States citizen of Italian descent, having at least one parent of Italian ancestry.
2. Sponsorship—An applicant must reside in the home state of an active UNICO Chapter. Every UNICO Chapter or District, in good standing, may sponsor candidates for each of the UNICO Foundation scholarships.
3. Educational Requirements—A candidate must be currently attending, full time, an accredited campus based college/university in the United States, pursuing a degree. The candidate must have a minimum grade point average of 3.0. The study abroad program must be eligible for credit by the student’s college/university. Proof of enrollment must be provided prior to issuing the scholarship award check.
4. Family Members—UNICANS and their family members maybe sponsored through their respective Chapters.
5. Timeframe—The candidate must initiate studies abroad within the year of the scholarship grant; any deviation will result in forfeiture.
Submission: The candidate must describe in narrative form how participation in the study abroad program will be of benefit; indicating anticipated academic and personal growth. This essay must be approximately 200-300 words.
Deadline: March 1, 2018