Who Can Apply: Package Pavement Company Inc. Red Wing Properties Inc. and Stormville Trucking Inc. began with the formation of Package Pavement Company by Walter G. and Marion J. Doherty in 1951. The company moved to Dutchess County in 1953 and has prospered here.
Walter Doherty’s love was teaching. His first job after college was teaching children with tuberculosis. Although he gave up the school setting he never gave up teaching. He imparted knowledge to his children grandchildren friends and employees. Doherty family members were encouraged to believe in and love learning.
– Applicants parent/guardian must be an employee of the Package Pavement Company Inc. Red Wing Properties Inc., Scarsdale Acres, Inc, or Stormville Trucking Inc. companies for at least three years
– Demonstrates ability to succeed in college
– Demonstrates financial need
– Involvement in volunteer activities or employment
– Essay discussing your career goals, personal values, and community service (typed, limit to one page or 500 words).
– Most recent school transcript.
– Resume and/or list of extracurricular activities
– Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, which you will receive when you complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
– Two current letters of recommendation from teachers/guidance counselor, clergy or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities. These letters must have been written within the last six months.
Deadline: May 1, 2021
Amount: $500 – $3,000