Who Can Apply:
1. Italian Origin—The candidate must be a United States citizen of Italian descent, i.e., must have at least one parent of Italian heritage. Documented and notarized proof may be requested by the selection committee if necessary.
2. Sponsorship—An applicant must reside in the home state of an active UNICO Chapter. Every UNICO Chapter or District, in good standing, may sponsor candidates for each of the UNICO Foundation scholarships.
3. Educational Requirements—A candidate must be a senior at a campus based public or private college/university or hold a degree thereof who will be pursuing a medical doctor or doctor of osteopathy degree, or is currently enrolled in an accredited medical school within the United States. Proof of enrollment must be provided prior to the issuing of scholarship money.
4. Financial Need—Financial need will be a consideration.
5. Extra-Curricular and Community Participation—The extent to which a candidate has contributed to the life and welfare of college and/or community will be taken into account in the assessment of merit.
6. Family Members—UNICANS and their family members are eligible and may apply through their respective chapters.
7. Timeframe—The candidate must pursue their study within the academic year of the scholarship grant; any deviation will result in the forfeiture.
Deadline: April 15, 2018