Who Can Apply:
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Must be a DCCCD student attending either Brookhaven College, Cedar Valley College, Eastfield College, El Centro College, Mountain View College, North Lake College or Richland College
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 9 credit hours for period of award
- Must provide evidence of the following:
Option 1: Provide evidence of sustained forensic involvement, have a letter of support from your former Speech Coach (counts for one of the letters required in the Application Process).
Option 2: Provide evidence of service learning involvement, have a letter of support from the Volunteer Coordinator of the non-profit agency for which you served (counts for one of the letters required in the Application Process).
- Must be a current member of the NLC Forensics Team and /or Speech Club
- Must demonstrate academic excellence.
- Must include two recommendations from a DCCCD faculty or staff member
- Recipient must maintain the above requirements to receive the spring scholarship. Failure to do so could result in a reduction or loss of scholarship benefits
- Recipient must serve as a positive role model for others.
- Recipient must sign all travel agreements required to compete on the NLC Forensics Team.
- Recipient must compete in a minimum of two Swing Speech Tournaments per semester.
Deadline: September 25, 2015
Learn More: Dr. Linda Jean Long Endowed Scholarship