Dr. Michael Bailey Scholarship (Deadline: March 15, 2018)
Who Can Apply:
- Applicants must be rising fourth year medical school students from the state of Georgia who are pursuing an M.D. degree at Mercer University’s School of Medicine on the Macon Campus.
- Applicants must plan to complete an Internal Medicine Residency.
- The ideal recipient of the Dr. Michael Bailey Scholarship is a student who is hardworking, compassionate and deserving.
- Preference may be given to a Boy Scout who achieved the rank of Eagle Scout or a Girl Scout who received the Gold Award, those with community service activities, and/or first generation college students.
- A short answer response describing why you chose to attend Medical School and why you selected Mercer University for your medical education.
- A short answer response describing what motivates you to practice Internal Medicine.
- Provide the name and email address for an instructor or faculty member who can comment on your work ethic, patient interactions and your desired plans following medical school.
- Provide the name and email address for a non-family member (ie, volunteer, peer, minister, etc.) who can comment on your volunteer or community service.
- A resume listing your work, school and community activities, athletics, awards, offices held, and other relevant experience.
- The first page of your FAFSA Student Aid Report that shows your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) value.
- A final transcript from your undergraduate institution.
Deadline: March 15, 2018