Who Can Apply: The Dreier Family Scholarship was created to assist students with financial need pursue education or job skills training in order to become financially self supporting. Preference will be given to current and former foster youth, students who have completed a semester of college (12 plus units), and students who have been active in their school and or community.
- Be a high school senior or undergraduate college student currently attending a school in the Sacramento County
- Be accepted or planning to attend a 2 year College, Vocational, Trade or Technical school in Sacramento County in the fall
- Have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Demonstrate financial need (preference will go to students whose expected family contribution EFC is less than $10,000)
- Enroll in and complete a minimum of 12 units per semester
- Plan to work a minimum of 10 hours per week while attending college
- Preference will be given to: current and former foster youth, students who have completed a semester of college (12 plus units), and students who have been active in their school and or community
- Essay: Please provide a self description essay on the following topic: What are your educational and career goals and where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?
- Letter of Recommendation: Please provide one letter of recommendation from an individual who is not related to you.
Deadline: March 6, 2020