ECF Awards and Bursaries (Deadline: June 15, 2018)
Who Can Apply: You should consider applying for an award if:
- You will be pursuing studies in Alberta in the coming school year. There are also opportunities to pursue studies elsewhere in Canada. See “What schools and programs are eligible?” below.
- Funding your studies is a challenge due to your financial situation.
- You are living in the greater Edmonton area or northern Alberta.
- You are involved in your community (e.g. volunteering, artistic endeavours, sports, etc.)
- You are a permanent resident or Canadian citizen.
- A reference letter from someone in the NFP sector. For example, a current or past employer, a volunteer contact, a board member, or another person who knows about your community involvement. The letter must outline your past involvement and anticipated future involvement.
- A personal reference letter from someone else (not a family member) who has known you for at least six months. They must be able to talk about why you should get an award.
- Statement of marks from your most recent studies. Don’t worry, high marks are not part of the criteria for these awards. We just want to see that you have potential to be successful in your planned studies. Official transcripts are not required. A photocopy or print out from a school website is acceptable. Provide most recent marks as of the time of application. If you are working in the NFP sector and attending a non-credited learning opportunity instead of marks provide a resume which outlines your employment and educational history(including training provided by the employer).*
Deadline: June 15, 2018