Who Can Apply: In partnership with UNCF, the Environmental and Energy Study Institute (EESI) has developed the EESI Future Climate Leaders Scholarship Program to provide a merit-based scholarship to support a minority student who is preparing for a career related to environmental, energy, or climate issues. This scholarship opportunity is open to students who will be enrolled as a sophomore or junior in Spring 2021 at a HBCU in the Mid-Atlantic or Southern Region. The selected recipient is eligible for renewal the following year if requirements are met.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- A sophomore or junior enrolled full-time at an HBCU in the Mid-Atlantic or Southern Region (Delaware, the District of Columbia, Maryland, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia).
- Be pursuing a degree in a relevant field of study (i.e. a declared major in biology, chemistry, ecology, engineering, environmental science or policy, history, physics, political science, and sociology).
- A current academic transcript.
- A 500-word essay communicating an interest in environmental, energy, and climate policy issues consistent with EESI’s mission and vision.
- A current resume.
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty member or an administrator.
Deadline: December 16, 2021