Who Can Apply: Established by the family of Eileen Hickey and the Dutchess County Regional Chamber of Commerce to honor her memory, this scholarship is sponsored by the Pines at Poughkeepsie and is available to any resident of Dutchess County who is pursuing a career in nursing at a college in New York State.
– Enrolling at/enrolled at a New York State College
– Planning to pursue a career in nursing
– Good academic performance
– Financial need
– Essay discussing your career goals, personal values, and community service (typed, limit to one page or 500 words).
– Most recent high school transcript.
– Resume and/or list of ectracurricular and volunteer activities
– Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, which you will receive when you complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
– Two current letters of recommendation from teachers/guidance counselor, clergy or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities. These letters must have been written within the last six months.
Deadline: May 1, 2021