Who Can Apply:
1. Citizenship—The candidate must be a United States citizen of Italian descent, having at least one parent of Italian ancestry.
2. Sponsorship—An applicant must reside in the home state of an active UNICO Chapter. Every UNICO Chapter or District, in good standing, may sponsor candidates for each of the UNICO Foundation scholarships.
3. Educational Requirements—A candidate must be currently attending, full time, an accredited campus based college or university in the United States. The candidate must have a minimum grade point average of 3.0. Proof of enrollment must be provided prior to issuing the scholarship award check.
4. Family Members—UNICANS and their family members may be sponsored by their respective Chapters.
5. Timeframe—The candidate must continue study within the academic year of the scholarship grant; any deviation will result in forfeiture.
Submission: The candidate must submit an original, titled, unpublished essay or short story of not less than 1,500 nor more than 2,000 words.
Deadline: April 15, 2018