Who Can Apply: The Ernest Morgan Memorial Scholarship was created to assist central Minnesota student athletes or student leaders to broaden their experiences and expand their comfort zone by encouraging and enabling them to pursue higher education outside of Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin.
- High School Senior
- From: Albany /Avon, Annandale,Cathedral High School, Elk River, Foley, Holdingford, Melrose, Monticello, Sartell, Sauk Centre, Sauk Rapids, St. Cloud Apollo, St. Cloud Area Learning Center, St. Cloud Technical High School, St. Cloud Christian School, St. John’s Preparatory High School
- Plans to attend 4 year college located outside of the five state region of Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, or Wisconsin.
- Planning to attend: Four year US-based college (full-time enrollment)
- Application General Questions
- Essay: 1-2 pages double spaced:Why have you chosen to attend college outside of the 5-state region? How will it be different than if you had attended a local college? What have you learned through your participation in athletic or leadership positions?
- Statement of Need and Responsibility: Briefly share a personal, life, or family circumstance affecting your need for this scholarship.
- List of Activities for: 1) Community Service i.e. civic and church volunteer activities; 2) Extracurricular School Activities i.e. school activities that are not graded; and 3) Work Experience
- Electronic Transcript:High School Students: You must enter the email address of your guidance office into the application at least 5 days prior to the deadline. This will allow your guidance officer to add your transcript to the application prior to the deadline.
Deadline: March 1, 2024