Everett & Benita Bristol Memorial International Scholarship (Deadline: April 30, 2019)
Who Can Apply: This scholarship was created in memory of Everett and Benita Bristol, who had close ties to the CMC Steamboat campus. Benita completed her Associates Degree at CMC and was the first person in her family to finish college. She later worked for many years at the switchboard on campus and was beloved by students and faculty alike. The couple established the scholarship to promote intercultural exchange, initially to encourage international students to study in Steamboat and take back what they learned to their country. Today, the scholarship is for full-time (12 credit hours) CMC students at the Steamboat campus with financial need who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- First generation college student
- DACA student
- Students born outside the United States or who have parents born outside the U.S.
- International student
- English as a second language
- A recent transcript
- A résumé including all employment history, extracurricular and school activities, community service, leadership roles, awards, etc.
- Two letters of recommendation from non-family members.
Deadline: April 30, 2019