Everglades Foundation Scholarships (Deadline: July 31, 2015)
Who Can Apply: The scholarships and fellowships are open to full-time graduate research students pursuing degrees in earth sciences, biological sciences, engineering, geography, planning and resources management, and economics. Cross-disciplinary research efforts are of special interest. Graduate students from any academic institution are welcome to apply for the ForEverglades Research Scholarship.
Florida International University (FIU) students are also eligible for the FIU ForEverglades Scholarship. The Everglades Foundation Fellowship program will be supporting direct collaboration between university professors (and/or scientists affiliated with other agencies) and Foundation science staff member(s). This collaboration is to be initiated by the academic staff member at least 6 months before the award is made.
- Cover letter.
- Proposal describing the research that the scholarship would support (no more than 5,000 words). The proposal is to clearly emphasize the expected contributions to Everglades research and relevance to Everglades restoration.
- Proposed budget.
- A personal essay of no more than 2 pages on the candidate’s career goals and how the scholarship will support those goals and contributions.
- A curriculum vitae, including transcripts.
- A letter of reference from the student’s major professor.
- At least one, and up to three other academic or professional letter(s) of reference preferably from an investigator(s) currently engaged in Everglades research.
- Other relevant or supporting work products or documentation (such as published papers, presentations, awards, etc.) could optionally be included.
Deadline: July 31, 2015
Learn More: Everglades Foundation Scholarships