Who Can Apply:
• Have declared a major in accounting as described below and, if applicable, been accepted to that major.
• Be residents of New York State and either U.S. citizens or permanent residents. An applicant who is not a U.S. citizen or does not have a permanent resident visa is NOT eligible for a scholarship and should not submit this application.
• Be enrolled at or accepted to a New York State college or university that offers an accounting program(s) registered by the N.Y. State Education Department as meeting the educational requirements for admission to the CPA examination (hereafter designated as a “Registered College”). Can be either a Graduate student or an Undergraduate student.
• Have completed a minimum of 72 credit hours by April 1, 2018 and 84 credits by the start of the fall 2018 semester. A part-time student or student whose program has followed an irregular pattern must be at an equivalent stage. In addition, such a student must have successfully completed at least one semester of the college’s intermediate accounting course(s).
• Have achieved an overall cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher (based on a four-point system) for the above 72+ credit hours as of April 1, 2018, and maintain a grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
• Have completed and filed a FAFSA application and been approved for financial aid. Applicants who have not applied and been approved for financial aid are not eligible for the scholarship and should not submit this application.
• Have FAE Campus Liaison or department chair approval and recommendation, or one letter of accounting related recommendation.
Deadline: April 13, 2018